FAQ / Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
- When did you launch Ivy Kid Kits?
- What can I expect from my Ivy Kit subscription?
- Are there enough activities in an Ivy Kit to last the whole month?
- Who designs the activities and projects in each Ivy Kit?
- What is the ideal age range for an Ivy Kit subscription?
- What comes in each kit?
- How does the month-to-month subscription work?
- What are the advantages of signing up for a 3 month or 6 month subscription rather than a month-to-month subscription?
- When can I expect my first shipment?
- How does the gift subscription work?
- When will my Ivy Kit ship?
- Can I purchase a past Ivy Kit?
- How long will it take for my Ivy Kit to arrive?
- Are you currently shipping outside the U.S.?
- If I purchase a gift subscription today, can I choose what month I want the gift subscription to start?
- Can I add a gift message?
- When will I be billed for the monthly subscription?
- Are there enough materials in an Ivy Kit for siblings?
- Can I purchase more materials for siblings?
- What happens at the end of my gift or auto-renewing subscription?
- Can I skip a month?
- How can I remove a hold on my subscription?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Where does Ivy Kids ship? Is shipping free?
- Can I track my shipment?
- How do I update my shipping and billing addresses?
- Will my kids like the kit?
- How is the book of the month selected?
- Can I see the activities for the Kit of the Month beforehand?
- How are the activities in each Ivy Kit selected?
- What will my child like about his/her Ivy Kit subscription?
- How will my child benefit from his/her Ivy Kit?
- What will parents like about subscribing to Ivy Kids?
- How do I report a problem with my Ivy Kit?
- How can I give feedback?
- What if there's a problem with my order?
- Do you accept returns?
When did you launch Ivy Kid Kits?
We launched in July 2014.
What can I expect from my Ivy Kit subscription?
Each month you will receive a kit containing a book and ten or more activities based upon the story. Everything you need to learn and play is included in your kit. The activities have been carefully crafted to encourage curiosity, problem solving, and creativity in young children. The Ivy Kit games and projects are a fun way to develop fine and gross muscles, build math and literacy skills, encourage reading comprehension, and promote scientific thinking.
Are there enough activities in an Ivy Kit to last the whole month?
Yes. There are enough games and materials in each kit to engage and cognitively stimulate a child throughout the month. The best part about the Ivy Kit activities is that they can be replayed, not just for the whole month, but for years to come. The activities can be modified according to a child's age, as well as shared with siblings of different ages.
Who designs the activities and projects in each Ivy Kit?
The activities in the Ivy Kits have been created by certified early childhood teachers with children of their own.
What is the ideal age range for an Ivy Kit subscription?
Ivy Kits are a monthly educational subscription for children ages 3-8. At Ivy Kids, we know that every child is unique. In each Ivy Kit, there are detailed instructions and tips to modify each game based on the age and development of the child. Ivy Kits have been tested by children to assure that the activities are fun, creative, and developmentally appropriate. We have had testers up to 10 years old and as young as 1 1/2 years old enjoy the kits!
What comes in each kit?
- Each Ivy Kit features a classic children’s book
- Over 10 activities related to the book of the month such as:
- Bookmark reading guide
- Materials to retell the story
- Science booklet
- Science experiment
- Art projects
- Math Manipulatives
- Board games
- Fine motor exercises
- Literacy activities
- Detailed instructions to structure learning
- A personalized item for your child (with a 6 month subscription)
How does the month-to-month subscription work?
Simply sign up for a monthly subscription and a fun-filled kit will arrive on your doorstep each month. You will be billed $38.95 monthly and you can cancel any time after the first kit ships. Shipping is free.
What are the advantages of signing up for a 3 month or 6 month subscription rather than a month-to-month subscription?
Save per kit! A 3 month subscription saves you 21 dollars! A 6 month subscription saves you 54 dollars!
When can I expect my first shipment?
Single past kit orders (not bundled with a subscription) ship within 3-4 days of order receipt. Multiple past kits orders will take longer to process ,approximately 7-10 days. Upon shipping, U.S. orders will arrive at your doorstep within 2-8 business days.
Please double-check shipping address to avoid any shipping delays and/or returns.
Kits with with more than 1 sibling add-on require additional processing time and will ship after the 15th of the month.
If you sign-up for a subscription you can expect your kit to arrive during the 1st or 2nd week of the month. We typically ship out subscription boxes from the end of one month into the beginning of the following month. Or until we sell out of that month's kit. Ivy Kids kits ship from New York with an estimated 2-8 business days for delivery. Shipments destinations outside of the U.S. will deliver within 11-14 business days.
If you sign up for a subscription after the 15th of the month, you will receive the next month's kit as your first kit. For example, if you sign up on August 20th, your first kit will be the September kit and it will arrive at the beginning of September. If you sign up before the 15th of the month, you will receive the current month's kit as your first kit.
A shipping confirmation email will be sent to you or the recipient’s parent on the day your Ivy Kids Kit ships out. Hawaii, Alaska and Military customers may experience longer transit times. Our delivery expectation to Canadian addresses and other destinations outside of the US is 11-14 business days after shipment. Ivy Kids LLC is not responsible for delays due to weather, delivery carrier factors, customer error, holiday-related delays, international customs regulations, or any other unforeseen factors.
If you do not receive your Ivy Kit after 4 weeks, please contact our customer support team at email@example.com.
How does the gift subscription work?
1. Simply visit our gift page and make your gift selection (1, 3, or 6 month subscription).
2. Provide the details: we'll need the parent and child information and a shipping address.
3. Your gift will be enjoyed for months to come!
When will my Ivy Kit ship?
We typically ship the first week of the month for ongoing subscribers with the expectation that the kit will arrive within 5-10 business days in the U.S. For new subscribers, depending on the date of your order, your subscription may take up to 3 weeks to be processed and shipped out to you. You will be emailed tracking information once your kit has shipped.
Can I purchase a past Ivy Kit?
Past kits can be found in the Ivy Kids “Store” for purchase. Shipping fees apply to past kits individually purchased from the Store.
How long will it take for my Ivy Kit to arrive?
We ship all Ivy Kits from New York.
Single past kit orders purchased from our store (not bundled with a subscription) ship within 3-4 days of order receipt. Multiple past kits orders will take longer to process, approximately 5-10 days. For new subscribers, depending on the date of your order, your subscription may take up to 3 weeks to be processed and shipped out to you. Upon shipping, U.S. orders will arrive at your doorstep within 2-8 business days.
Are you currently shipping outside the U.S.?
Yes. We currently ship to Canada for an additional shipping fee per kit per month. For inquires on other countries email firstname.lastname@example.org and a sales associate will contact you. Shipping fees are subject to change.
If I purchase a gift subscription today, can I choose what month I want the gift subscription to start?
Yes you can. Simply choose which month you would like your subscription to start during the selection process. The first kit will arrive the 1st week of the month chosen.
If the current month is chosen as the start month, then orders placed before or on the 15th will receive the current month's Ivy Kids kit, any orders placed after the 15th will receive the upcoming Ivy Kids Kit.
Print out our gift card to give to your recipient to let them know that their kit is on the way.
Can I add a gift message?
Yes – you can add a gift message to any gift subscription or any Store purchase.
When will I be billed for the monthly subscription?
When you sign up for the monthly membership, you will be billed for your first kit immediately. After that, you will be billed on the 28th of each month until cancelled.
Are there enough materials in an Ivy Kit for siblings?
The book in each Ivy Kit can be enjoyed by all the children in the family. Also, each Ivy Kit contains a generous number of materials. Most games and activities can be played by 2 or 3 children at a time. However, some projects only have enough materials for one child. Simple solution!
Can I purchase more materials for siblings?
Choose the sibling add-on at sign-up for the low cost price of $5.00 a month. We will include the extra consumable materials (paints, brushes, craft projects, etc.) for a sibling to be able to fully participate in all the projects and activities in the Kit. A "sibling add-on" does not double everything in the kit, some items are designed to be shared.
Kits with with more than 1 sibling add-on require additional processing time and will ship after the 15th of the month.
What happens at the end of my gift or auto-renewing subscription?
At the end of a gift subscription, a note will be sent in the last kit as a reminder to sign up for an auto-renewing subscription. Do nothing and you will no longer receive a monthly activity kit.
A few days prior to the completion of an auto-renewing 3 or 6 month subscription term, we will send a reminder email about the subscription's automatic renewal. If you do not cancel, then your subscription will renew for the same number of months as the term that was originally purchased.
Can I skip a month?
Please contact us or send us an email to email@example.com before your kit ships and we can place your subscription on hold.
How can I remove a hold on my subscription?
If your account was placed on hold due to a billing issue please contact us or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can reinstate your account immediately.
What is your cancellation policy?
We hate to see you go, but you can cancel a monthly subscription any time after the first kit ships. Please cancel before the next month's billing date, to avoid getting billed for and shipped the next kit.
Gift subscriptions (1, 3 or 6 month terms) do not auto-renew and are not eligible for cancellation.
Auto-renewing subscriptions (pay every 3 or 6 months) are only eligible for cancellation after the initial prepaid term has been completed.To cancel, you may access your account via the account portal or you may email email@example.com.
Where does Ivy Kids ship? Is shipping free?
We ship anywhere in the United States, including Hawaii, Alaska, and APO/FPO addresses.
- Shipping for monthly and gift subscriptions is free in the continental U.S.
- Store orders are $4.95 standard shipping, within the continental U.S.
- Receive Free Shipping for any store order over $60 shipped to anywhere in the continental U.S. No coupon code required.
There is a $6.95 shipping fee for orders to Hawaii, Alaska and AFP.
At this time, Ivy Kids ship to the U.S. and Canada, for other countries contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I track my shipment?
Yes. A shipping confirmation email will be sent on the day your Ivy Kids Kit ships out.
How do I update my shipping and billing addresses?
You can update your billing and/or shipping addresses at at any time by going to the login page and selecting the "Manage Subscription" button. To update a shipping address, click "Customer Contact Info" from the tabs. Shipping addresses must be updated by the 23rd of the month to take effect for that month's kit. To update your billing address, click the "Customer Payment Info" tab along the top of your My Account page.
Will my kids like the kit?
Our kits are designed by teachers-turned stay-at-home moms. The activities have been carefully crafted to encourage curiosity, problem solving, and creativity in young children. The Ivy Kit games and projects are a fun way to develop fine and gross muscles, build math and literacy skills, encourage reading comprehension, and promote scientific thinking. Each Ivy Kit is tested by kids to ensure the projects are fun, as well as educational. We hope that you enjoy every kit. We appreciate all feedback. Please let us know what you think about our kits by sending us an email at email@example.com.
How is the book of the month selected?
We spend a great deal of time researching quality children’s books. Selecting the book of the month is based on a variety of factors. These are just some of the questions we ask ourselves before selecting the book of the month:
- Has this book been successfully used as a learning tool in the classroom?
- Does this book have an interesting plot?
- Does this book have interesting characters?
- Will children be engaged by the story?
- Can the story/characters be transformed into math, literacy, and science activities?
- Can this book be used to build vocabulary?
- Has this book received positive reviews? Awards?
- Will a child love reading this book over and over again?
- Will a child love to play activities based on this story and/or characters?
- Does the story have a positive moral?
- Can the child use the illustrations to retell the story independently?
Can I see the activities for the Kit of the Month beforehand?
Yes. The book and activities of the month are posted on the website and Ivy Kids Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ivykidskits) before the kits ship out and you have until the middle of the month to order that kit.
While rare activities may be added or removed from the Kit due to any number of reasons including Ivy Kids own discretion.
How are the activities in each Ivy Kit selected?
Once the book of the month is selected, we create math, science, literacy, fine motor, and art activities based upon the story and characters. The kits are designed according to our knowledge of early childhood education, time spent in the classroom, and real-life mom experiences. Our understanding of NAEYC and Common Core Standards allows us to create educational, developmentally appropriate activities each month. Each kit is tested by children to ensure the activities are fun, creative, and educational.
What will my child like about his/her Ivy Kit subscription?
- Receiving a fun-filled box each month
- Reading a new book
- Activities based on interesting stories and characters
- Exploring new materials (such as pattern blocks, unifix cubes, color paddles)
- The hands-on play
- Fun and engaging games
- Creative projects
- Science experiments
- The personalized activity
- Quality time with you!
How will my child benefit from his/her Ivy Kit?
- Build math, literacy, and fine motor skills
- Develop problem solving strategies
- Engage in critical thinking
- Utilize imagination and creativity
- Improve reading comprehension
- Enhance communication skills and build vocabulary
- Increase confidence and school readiness
What will parents like about subscribing to Ivy Kids?
- Receiving acclaimed children’s literature every month to enrich their home library
- Attaining monthly resources to engage their child in developmentally appropriate activities
- Gaining tools to help their child enjoy learning
- Obtaining a detailed guide to help structure their child’s learning
- Experiencing meaningful quality time with their child
- The convenience of all the materials, tools, and activities included in the kit.
How do I report a problem with my Ivy Kit?
We put tender loving care into every kit we make. We want children to love each kit they receive and feel special when they open their personalized kits. If you do find a problem with your kit, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to correct the issue as soon as possible.
How can I give feedback?
We'd love to hear from you – send us an email at email@example.com
What if there's a problem with my order?
If you have any questions about your order, please contact our customer support team, firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll take care of you!
Do you accept returns?
We accept returns on Store orders (non-subscription products) if the items are unused and in good condition. Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase. All return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. For more information about our return policy, please send an email to email@example.com. Please enter "Return Request" in the subject line. Include the following in the body of the email:
- Item and quantity you'd like to return
- Your order number and the date of purchase
- Reason for the return
Please mail your return/exchange packages to:
152 79th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11209
Note: Ivy Kids LLC is not responsible for return packages lost via carrier. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for Ivy Kids to refund your form of payment upon receipt of item.